[ News coverage ]
“Australian Government believes that all job seekers should remain active and engaged while looking for work. From 1 July 2015, most job seekers will be required to:
– undertake up to 40 job searches per month unless there are exceptional circumstances
– agree to a Job Plan that will outline what they will do to improve their work readiness and to follow through on these commitments
– complete Work for the Dole for 25* hours per week for six months each year if they are aged under 30 years
– complete Work for the Dole for 15 hours per week for six months each year if they are aged 30 to 49 years
– complete an approved activity for 15 hours per week for six months each year if they are aged 50 to 59 years.”
Exposure Draft for Employment Services 2015-2020 Purchasing Arrangements.pdf
Exposure Draft for Employment Services 2015-2020 Purchasing Arrangements.docx
Appendix E Maps of Employment Regions.pdf
* This was originally blank, 25 is what is being reported.
View full decision: “The DECISION of the Upper Tribunal is to dismiss the [DWP] appeals” https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwd25z9g2tFPNzZfbVdQSFRZM3JwZzVwX1hDS01Kc0R0V05z/edit?pli=1 (download as a PDF) and the full history of one of the FOI request’s of 25 January 2012, concerning the names of Mandatory Work Activity placement hosts.
This Upper Tribunal decision concerned the DWP’s First Tier tribunal decision appeal against three ICO decision notices FS50438037, FS50438502 and FS50441818 all requiring the DWP to name workfare placement hosts.
Above via https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/successful_bidders
The Jobseeker’s Allowance (Supervised Jobsearch Pilot Scheme) Regulations – Made – – – 17th July 2014 – Read the regulations online or download original PDF file: via http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2014/1913/contents/made
Scheme for jobseekers registered at Jobcentres in: (a) East Anglia; (b) Black Country; (c) Mercia; (d) Surrey & Sussex; (e) West Yorkshire.
Dystopian 35 Hours a Week Supervised Jobsearch for Jobseeker’s Allowance Pilot
Following the recent Upper Tribunal hearing into releasing the names of workfare hosts for the Mandatory Work Activity scheme. Two further hearings have been set for Thursday October 30th, for the names of workfare placement hosts under the Work Programme and the Day One Support for Young People Trailblazer (“DOSfYP”).
Copy of Job Description referring to mandatory workfare for benefits (Community Work Placements) as being voluntary.
“Job title: Site Activity Supervisor
Responsible for: Supervising a group of Community Work Placement referrals, Operatives
Key Area: Coordination and Supervision of Practical Tasks.
– To supervise groups of volunteers in a range of structured activities focussed on the nursery site that will support activities for Butterwick Trees, food production and other social enterprises.” [emphasis added]