[ News coverage ]
“Australian Government believes that all job seekers should remain active and engaged while looking for work. From 1 July 2015, most job seekers will be required to:
– undertake up to 40 job searches per month unless there are exceptional circumstances
– agree to a Job Plan that will outline what they will do to improve their work readiness and to follow through on these commitments
– complete Work for the Dole for 25* hours per week for six months each year if they are aged under 30 years
– complete Work for the Dole for 15 hours per week for six months each year if they are aged 30 to 49 years
– complete an approved activity for 15 hours per week for six months each year if they are aged 50 to 59 years.”
* This was originally blank, 25 is what is being reported.